Ninja!

Wednesday, January 17, 2007

JIM'LL FIX IT....

HALEWOOD OLD PEOPLES HOME
Upper Hale Road
Hale Village
near Liverpool

Dear Jim’ll fix it,

I want to thank you for the lovely transistor radio you so kindly sent me. It is all the more wonderful that absolute strangers like yourself remembers old people like me. I am 80 years old and have been at the house for the past sixteen years. We are treated very kindly, but, the lonely hours are very hard to bear.

My room mate, Mrs James, has a radio, but will never let me listen to it and even switches it off when I come into the room. Now I have one of my very own.

My son and daughter are very nice and come to see me once a month, but, I know that they only come along from a sense of duty.

This is why your gift is all the more wonderful and thrilling to me as it was given out of compassion for a fellow human being. God bless you always.

Today Mrs. James radio went wrong and she asked me if she could listen to mine. I told her to fuck off.

Yours sincerely

Mary Grant.

No comments: